Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Newcastle Local

Dressed in black from head to toe,
complimented by a dirty, gray beard that comes down to his belly;
I see him on a daily basis, not your average joe,
at the train station, in hunter mall and at the southern cross deli.
So dark and dreary inside and out,
when he lifts his shoe, the sole of his foot is bare.
A Newcastle local hobo without a doubt,
he sat down bench side as I tried not to stare.
The stench of his jumper was rubbish and foul.
Not once have I seen him dressed otherwise;
holding a pack of smokes and a constant pout, I know this guy's not healthy;
but miserable, drunk and living in lies.
A constant walking reminder,
to live everyday as if it were you're last,
to learn like you live forever,
because life happens once and I promise it goes fast!

1 comment:

mom said...

Wow Jes, that's great. Nice writing. You must get that from your Mom. I love you so.