Monday, May 4, 2009

Australia:
1) No one, literally no one says "God bless you" after someone sneezes. I said it to a guy in my Film, Media and Culture class, and he just stared at me. At first I thought he didn't hear me but then when I said it to someone else in the grocery store, they looked at me weird, too.

2) When it is 75 degrees out, it is cold. At least that is what the Australians think. Our neighbor came out when me and my roommates were laying out on our deck and yelled up to us that we should be wearing coats. We all looked at him, and proceeded to tell him that we think 50 degrees is warm in the States, especially when you're from the MIDWEST..

3) Australia has the most amazing sunsets.

4) Without doing the exchange rate, it costs 35 dollars for a 24 pack of pop. Needless to say, I don't drink pop anymore.

5) I know I am in Australia when a pepper is ONLY referred to as Capsicum.

6) I've started to say "No Worries" more than I ever have..

7) You know you're not in America when you do not need a license or any identification when boarding an airplane traveling across the country.

8)The Aussies like to do construction late at night. And by late at night, I mean 12:30 a.m. right outside my bedroom window.

9) The train waits for no one. And that is a problem when class is at 11:00 am and the next train to campus is not until 11:04 am. Thank God for public transportation via the 201 bus.

10) more to come..

No comments: